Jobs @ Superherostuff.com
Title: Digital Marketing Manager
Does the challenge of propogating a fun and dynamic brand to a massively passionate fan base excite you? Do you thrive in entrepreneurial environments, where intellectual curiosity and taking risks are expected norms? Do you love to innovate world-class customer experiences? Do you pride yourself on your strategic thinking and analytical chops that allows you to think big but keep on top of the data that inform good decisions? Do you dream of leaping tall buildings and punching out bad guys?
At a time when the Amazons of the world are commoditizing online retail, we at SuperHeroStuff.com believe a haven should exist where fans can shop with other fans, where the personal touch of its proprietors is felt, where tights and capes are permitted. If this sounds like your kind of place, if you enjoy diversity in your work and you possess a fierce desire to shape a company’s marketing strategy, then please read on.
SuperHeroStuff.com is a leading specialty online retailer of superhero and comic book merchandise. We also operate mobile SHS retail booths at the country’s largest comic cons where we sell our merchandise and promote the SHS brand. In addition to our 15,000 square foot fulfillment center in Sinking Spring, PA, we have employees in Montana, Colorado and Washington. The company was founded in 1999 and has successfully built an international customer base during that time. We pride ourselves on hiring smart, hard-working people who are intensely motivated to create the best experience possible for any superhero fan.
Work Location - Remote
This is primarily a remote work position to begin with. Candidate is preferably in the Greater Denver area where our development team is located. Our CEO is also in the Mountain time zone. We would consider candidates outside the Denver area who are within one time zone.
As SuperHeroStuff.com’s Digital Marketing Lead, the three primary areas you will excel at include:
- Driving qualified traffic. It will be your obsession to find cost-efficient ways of driving traffic to the SHS.com.
- Moving visitors through the purchase funnel, where they will ultimately become satisfied customers. You will work directly with our product/engineering team to optimize landing pages and to maximize conversion rates.
- Analyzing data and using it to drive strategy and execution of our digital marketing campaigns.
Critical measurable goals for this role include both traffic and revenue growth.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties (including blog posts, email, social media campaigns, infographics, outside content, etc.).
- Plan, execute and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Constantly test and assess varying Paid, Earned and Owned marketing channels and deliver trends, insights and recommenations on where we should increase investment (and where we shouldn’t) to key stakeholders.
- Grow revenue by converting site traffic to paying customers through calls-to-action, landing pages, creative content, and by working with others to optimize the customer experience.
- Optimize our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, social channels, and other communication tactics.
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners when necessary.
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics, statistics or English. MBA preferred. Other degrees combined with relevant experience will be considered.
Work Experience: A minimum of 3 years online marketing, product marketing and/or content marketing experience in ecommerce B2B or B2C companies. Preferred candidate will have experience building digital marketing teams.
Travel: Requires occasional business travel nationally.
Qualified candidates for this position must be highly motivated, capable of self-direction, detail-oriented and able to work collaboratively in a teamwork capacity. You must exhibit a keen sense of responsibility and enjoy working with multiple demands, shifting priorities and constant change. A successful candidate will also possess:
- High attention to detail and proven track record in assuming ownership, driving results and moving quickly to implement ideas in a fast-paced online environment.
- A passion for data. You love running reports and expertly organizing information. You’re skilled at synthesizing insights and succinctly communicating results. You get intense satisfaction from developing logical, data-driven recommendations. Your Excel skills are excellent.
- Extensive practice leveraging Google Analytics. You should feel extremely comfortable navigating reports, exporting data, defining customer reports and advance segments.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns.
- An inate ability to test, assess, and iterate constantly, with a particular focus on executing A/B and multivariate tests whenever possible.
- Knowledge of marketing automation, CRM and other technology tools that will make our digital and inbound marketing efforts better and more efficient.
- Deep experience and expertise in utilizing content marketing to drive awareness, traffic and engagement through the entire sales and marketing funnel.
- Ability to sell ideas across an organization, manage expections with others and remain flexible in an everchanging environment.
Ready to get started? Send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected].